Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Basic render tests with renderMan


Tonight I am doing some render tests with renderMan for Ego. I started out with working on a cartoony character to test out the GI options in renderMan.

This little guy is called 'Dino' and is modelled by Ross Hildick. The model is not finished yet, but I annoyed him to give it to me for the tests. As you can see there are a couple of problems with it, but overall the result is pretty decent. This render took 18 seconds.

Dino rendered with rederMan

After this I moved on to this other scene, again modelled by Ross Hildick.

Break-in AO pass
I did a rough lighting pass of the scene that Ross lent me and came up with this final result:

Break-in beauty pass. render time: 1 minute 23 seconds

It is probably too dark and is definitley very patch lighting work, but I did this in a couple of hours as this was just a rough test. The render time for this is around 1 minute 23 seconds.

Will be working on a few more scenes in the coming days, so watch out :)

AND visit Ross's blog here.
He is an amazing modeller! We call him Ross 'Lightning-hands' Hildick as he models incredibly fast :p

No comments:

Post a Comment