Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Massive - Meh

I decided that I am going to do some crowd simulation this year for various projects that I am involved in. The obvious first choice to look at was Massive, as it is talked about a lot and supposed to be good. I have had a few interactions with it, and I would have to say I am NOT very pleased. It crashes at every opportunity and is generally unstable. The UI is not at all intuitive and the 'undo' generally doesn't work. Also, the company is VERY uptight about academic licences.

I think it is a very elegant software design, but very sloppy implementation. Maybe the newer versions are better, but it's just impossible to get hold of them, so I don't really know. Did place a request for a PLE but they flatly refused.

Might be shifting to something like Golaem now or might try to build a AI network in Houdini.

Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment